31 July, 2015

A treat with champagne: Sorrel and trout


This looks a bit strange. I know.

I was not that focused, as I came back from 30 degrees Celsius or more in the fields.

But believe me, this is nice with champagne.

Spiced with sorrel and trout.

You need 3 eggs, 150 grams of flour and baking powder. Stir this and add 12,5 cl of lukewarm milk and 10 cl of oil, little by little as you stir and change between the two. Then 100 gram of cheese, parmesan is nice but so is any cheese with good taste. It does not matter if it was forgotten a couple of weeks, it works well this way anyway.

Finally you add what gives the taste.

Sometimes I am lucky to find sorrel in the garden. If not I buy it frozen. I reduce it on the pan, add for instance 200 g trout (this one was smoked) or salmon, salt and pepper and finally mix everything. If you do not have acces to sorrel, you can try chives.

Bake it at 180 degrees Celsius for about 40-45 minutes.

Serve in slices or cubes with champagne. This combination works well with Tradition or Blanc de Blancs, the lemony taste of the sorrel goes nicely with Chardonnay.

It feeds.

Why don't you try and tell me what champagne would be your preferred combination?

No comments: